At the heart of Absher’s safety department are our company’s core values: We care about people; Doing things right; and Doing right things. Absher’s safety is about people and Absher’s people are about safety. Our goal is for every Absher jobsite to be injury free.
Our commitment to safety has been recognized with the following awards:
- AGC of Washington Safety Team Award Winner every year since 1990
- AGC of Washington 2011 Build Washington Award for Safety Excellence
- Commanding Officer’s Safety Award (COSA) for the Bachelor Enlisted Quarters and parking Garage project at Naval Base Kitsap, Bremerton
- Certificate of Accomplishment for completing 300,000 man-hours without a lost-time injury at FY08 Schofield Barracks
- Absher Safety Manager cited for Excellence in Safety and Engineering Control at the FY08 Schofield Barracks
Absher integrates our 10 Points of Safety into each of our projects. This commitment is made to and by every employee and person who enters our job sites.
- The Project Team – is YOU!
- Proactive solutions to prevent injuries is YOUR responsibility.
- Safety Task Planning (STP) will be performed by each crew every day prior to starting work.
- Effective orientation and training is required for each worker upon arrival and before they start work.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required for each worker or individual who enters the job site.
- Site inspections will be performed at least weekly to provide insight into risks and how to prevent injuries.
- Housekeeping is critical to a safe work site.
- A Site Safety Committee that includes empowered representatives from all subcontractors will meet at least once a month to improve safety.
- Daily Stretch and Flex will be performed by everyone every day.
- Incident reporting will occur within 60 minutes and investigation will occur within 24 hours or one work day to seek root causes to prevent repetition.