Ballard On the Park Apartments
Construct an eight-level mixed-use apartment project on a constricted site bound on three sides by public right of way and a public park on the fourth side.
Absher rented an off-site yard a quarter mile away and scheduled all critical items to drop ship from the yard. This facility was also used for subcontractor laydown and construction staff parking. A phased occupancy plan was devised to allow the ground floor retail and completed apartment units to be occupied as construction continued.
- Required demolition of an existing building, and excavation to 30 feet
- Recycling diverted 1,229 tons of concrete, brick and metal from going into landfills
- 426,000 SF
- Ground level grocery store over seven levels of apartment
- Three levels of below-grade parking
- Includes a movie theater, demonstration kitchen, business center and gym
- ISSI prefabricated interior metal-framed wall panels
- Bumgardner Architects
- Awarded the ULI’s Jack Kemp Workforce Housing Models of Excellence Award