Navy Bachelor Enlisted Quarters and Parking Garage
To provide the Navy with a living environment for its single personnel that enhances the quality-of-life for every sailor by making the on-shore housing facilities comparable to private developments in the surrounding communities. Specific objectives included expanding social and recreational opportunities and separating living and work environments.
To meet the Navy’s needs Absher fast-tracked the civil design to get construction started prior to document completion, addressed construction requirements on an EPA Superfund site, completed off-site electrical upgrades to serve the new construction, resolved differing soil conditions requiring redesign of structural support on both buildings and maintained a demanding schedule of post-tension deck pours while ensuring that safety and quality were paramount.
- 8-story high rise and 10-story parking garage
- 150 units
- BEQ: 210,000 SF
- Parking garage: 270,000
- LEED Gold
- Construction completed in 20 months
- Meets anti-terrorism standards
- Winner: 2010 Design-Build Institute of America’s National Design-Build Excellence Award.
- Absher was awarded the Naval Facilities Engineering Command Northwest’s Commanding Officer’s Safety Award for our outstanding safety performance.
Winner: AGC of Washington Construction Excellence award for the BEQ/Parking Garage project
NAVFAC Northwest was extremely pleased with the outstanding design-build effort and end product produced by the Absher Team. Their commitment to the project showed genuine concern for the quality of life of the sailors protecting our nation. Of particular note were the firm’s cooperation, responsiveness, and professional conduct, operating every day in a manner founded in partnership and providing timely responses to all requests.
– CAPTAIN G. W. HARSHBERGER, U.S. NAVY